Author Topic: What happened with Gavin Teasdale? Has he transferred to another school yet?  (Read 719 times)

Offline BroncoSaurus

• Most Pins
    • View Profile
I was reviewing the 2018 Penn State recruiting class which - at that time - included commits from Gavin Teasdale (125 lbs) and Travis Wittlake (174-184).   At that time that Teasdale committed to Penn State (in March of 2017) Penn State had commitments from the # 2 ranked recruit (Teasdale) in the country as well as the # 3 ranked recruit (Wittlake) and the # 4 ranked recruit (Roman Bravo-Young).    Teasdale and RBY both signed with Penn State and Wittlake de-committed from Penn State and signed with Oklahoma State instead (where he went 16-2 last season at 174 lbs.

And Teasdale announced he was leaving the Penn State wrestling program last November or December I think - when he announced he would be transferring from Penn State.  But I have yet to see anything about WHERE he transferred to at this point.   One would think that if he did - in fact - transfer elsewhere that there would have been word about that by now.
Never argue with a fool.  They bring you down to their level, then beat you with experience.  -Anonymous

Offline andegre

• DIII
    • View Profile
He's currently in-between schools right now...where he's expected to be enrolling at Iowa come 2nd semester of the 2019-2020 season.

Offline BroncoSaurus

• Most Pins
    • View Profile
Thanks for that response Andegre.   I had heard that Iowa was one of the schools where he might land.
Never argue with a fool.  They bring you down to their level, then beat you with experience.  -Anonymous

Offline Snackem

• Section Champ
    • View Profile
    • Jeremy Lanthorn Photography
Is he the one that originally gave Iowa a verbal commitment with Lee?

Offline Brew

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
That is correct
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Offline Cruocified

• National Team
    • View Profile
Teasedale moved in with Spencer Lee's parents in Iowa.

It's interesting that originally Teasedale's commitment pushed away Mejia and JRent, and then Teasedale decommiting left Iowa with a hole at 133. Then DeSanto transfers, JRent transfers, Mejia tries to but can't get into Iowa, and then Teasedale. And now it is looking like Teasedale and JRent won't be seeing anything lower than 141. So the battle with them and Murin should be really interesting. Teasedale is reportedly looking really good in the room, and living with the Lee family has been good for him. JRent is also more disciplined than he was when he arrived on campus. His focus was on improving himself as a person, but that doesn't mean he hasn't been training that whole time.
I am the way, the truth, and the life.

Offline buck

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
What exactly does one do to improve as a person?
Christians warned about the Antichrist for years. And when he came, they voted for him.

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
  • 3 out 4 voices in my head want to sleep
    • View Profile
What exactly does one do to improve as a person?

Try

Offline ctc

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
Hawk Central article today says Teasdale announced Iowa today.
Several are on "ignore".   I won't argue with the ignorant and disrespectful..
 "People almost invariably arrive at their beliefs not on the basis of proof but on the basis of what they find attractive" ~ Blaise Pascal