Author Topic: Initial thoughts on rule changes?  (Read 714 times)

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
Re: Initial thoughts on rule changes?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2019, 10:28:49 AM »
I like the new rules for stalling.  Shoelaces rule is good.

The going out of bounds rules appears very subjective. I see lots of potential for inconsistent rulings here.
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline New2TheGameNYRef

• Regional Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2019, 12:22:26 PM »
I do like the stalling calls on their own "penalty chart" as well. Shoelaces and hair stuff is much better as well.....

As you mentioned, fleeing the mat will be called a lot more frequently and inconsistently. A lot of judgment required in this call. Could you bang the offensive wrestler for "fleeing the mat" if he/she does a blast double and takes them out of bounds?!?! I wouldn't do it, but according to the letter of the law.....did s/he really have to go all the way out of bounds??? Could s/he have turned the corner!?!? It will be interesting for sure!

Offline red viking

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2019, 03:05:45 PM »
I don't see the fleeing as really a new thing. Officials should have always called fleeing anyway when somebody left the mat to avoid a score.
A foolish faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth - Albert Einstein, 1901

Offline AKIN

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2019, 11:36:25 PM »
I'm seeing a number of states are doing their own thing on the laces. Not only are they calling stalling, but they are starting injury time to re-tie them. I don't understand states that go against the NFHS interpretations, it makes no sense.
Imagine the good that could be done, if people were less worried about their differences, and more worried about doing good for everyone.

Offline New2TheGameNYRef

• Regional Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2019, 11:32:38 AM »
I do like the fact they don't have to be taped anymore. What a waste of tape. Just freakin make sure they don't come undone. Plain and simple.

We haven't had a meeting yet.

Stalling makes the most sense.

Shocked to hear this...