Author Topic: 34 Dead as Cali Dive Boat Burns  (Read 541 times)

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
  • 3 out of 4 voices in my head want to sleep
    • View Profile
34 Dead as Cali Dive Boat Burns
« on: September 03, 2019, 07:44:00 AM »
Stranger than strange. 

A SCUBA dive boat burns in the middle of the night, the 34 passengers are dead but the 5 crew members survive..... in a life boat. All of the bodies found were in the water so it does not appear they were trapped in the hull.  The boat was only 60 feet from shore but no one swam to safety.  If you SCUBA you know how to swim.  No one treaded water until sunrise?

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/03/us/california-boat-fire-tuesday/index.html

The investigation outcome on this one is going to be interesting.

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
Re: 34 Dead as Cali Dive Boat Burns
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2019, 11:19:24 AM »
If they knew shore was that close, they would have swam I would think.  It must have been very dark out there.  One thing I learned while living is Hawaii is that the ocean at night is black as black can be.   They may have been totally disoriented.  What a sad event.

mspart

Offline Snackem

• Section Champ
    • View Profile
    • Jeremy Lanthorn Photography
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2019, 11:50:24 AM »
The Ocean can be quite dark at night.  It is amazing that none of the crew died but all of the passengers did, while none of the passengers survived.  That just sounds fishy.

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
  • 3 out of 4 voices in my head want to sleep
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2019, 05:39:58 PM »
Ugly mess. 
Passengers sleeping below deck when a fire broke out.  Crew were sleeping on the 3rd deck above the fire and jumped off.  They were rescured aby another dive boat nearby.

"Many, if not all of the victims will need to be identified through DNA analysis"