Author Topic: Zain and Daton  (Read 203 times)

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
Zain and Daton
« on: September 18, 2019, 12:15:31 PM »
So are they the bad draw or did they get a bad draw?

mspart

Offline Cougar1

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
Re: Zain and Daton
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2019, 07:19:51 PM »
What’s the scoop?
“Once abolish the God and the government becomes the God.”

― G.K. Chesterton

Offline goStanford18

• Redshirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2019, 05:14:22 AM »
Zain lost a close one in his opening match.

I'm upset with the Fix/Takahashi match.The way the shot clock is used seems either completely arbitrary or subjective. I'm not sure how the ref decides who is the aggressor in the first minute of a match when neither wrestler is doing anything besides hand-fighting. Anyways Fix is put on the shot clock first and goes into the break down 0-1. At the start of the second, Fix immediately scores on a takedown. About 15-20 seconds later, he somehow is put on the clock AGAIN. I am utterly dumbfounded. The guy who just scored the only takedown (and the only one attempting anything besides pushing) of that match is somehow on the clock again. Nevermind that it was literally scored less than 30 seconds ago.

At this point of the match Fix is winning by criteria, but he can no longer give up a step out. He ends up stepping out during one little flurry where both are wrestling on the edge. The camera angle from the stream was pretty bad, so I couldn't get the best look. Coaches' challenge is lost and Takahashi goes up 4-2.

Takahashi ends up winning 4-2. So his 4 points are: 2 clock points, 1 step out, and 1 challenge point.

Quite an absurd way to win if you ask me.

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2019, 12:23:19 PM »
That's international reffiing for you.  You have to take it away from the ref's control.  If Fix had gotten another takedown or two, that would have done it.   Too bad for Fix and Zain.  Hopefully they get pulled in.  I haven't looked at the brackets yet.

mspart

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2019, 01:23:12 PM »
Zain lost 10-9.  The guy he lost too got wrecked.  Same for Fix.  The guy he lost to got wrecked.  So by the logic of the WC bracket single elim tourney with repechage, they definitely were not medal contenders.  Very sad as I think they are better than this showing.  WC is a pretty tough tourney.  It seems everyone there is there to win. 

mspart