Author Topic: Ridge Lovett non-escape call  (Read 1701 times)

Offline jammen

• National Team
    • View Profile
Ridge Lovett non-escape call
« on: January 25, 2020, 12:07:37 PM »
Does anyone have an understanding of the ref's reasoning?  Is it that if Lovett had released RBY's ankle then it would be an escape, but because he was trying to pull RBY in bounds,  RBY's  hand fighting showed control?

I personally think that the ref lost track of the action and then didn't want to admit his mistake.
Tax the churches.

Offline jammen

• National Team
    • View Profile
Re: Ridge Lovett non-escape call
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2020, 01:59:37 PM »
Here's a pic:
Tax the churches.

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
  • 3 out of 4 voices in my head want to sleep
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2020, 03:15:38 PM »
The vid isn't up on youtube yet.  It's hard to determine without seeing the action just prior to the non-call.  I think what are saying is that Lovett was the offensive wrestler with control just prior to your pic, and they were not in neutral.

Offline jammen

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2020, 04:17:10 PM »
Lovett is the defensive wrestler trying to escape.  After a stalemate was called and a video review the no-call stood and Lovett was put in the down position: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjuekrzLnnA&t=786s
Tax the churches.

Offline buck

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2020, 05:23:20 PM »
Father is a pretty decent singer.  Julia Roberts loves watching her son wrestle.
We are the storm.

Offline red viking

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2020, 01:46:53 PM »
That's how I would have called it. That is just a snapshot. If they went out of bounds in that positiion it would be an escape. However, they didn't Lovett chose to go for the reversal instead of the escape. He was clearly in an advantage position in that photo. You can't give 1 pt there at that moment because then he could get a cheap 2TD right after that. If you watch the video, Bravo-Young later grabs Lovett's leg (both arms around the ankle) forcing a stalemate. No escape if wrestler A has the leg of Wrestler B. If Bravo-Young kept doing that though it would be stalling.

"Of all the tyrannies that affect mankind, tyranny in religion is the worst." Thomas Paine