Author Topic: Oregon State looking flat.  (Read 379 times)

Offline Snackem

• Section Champ
    • View Profile
    • Jeremy Lanthorn Photography
Oregon State looking flat.
« on: January 03, 2021, 11:53:44 AM »
Watching the OSU vs NDSU dual meet and Oregon State is looking really flat.  I expected them to come out with a little bit more pop.  I wonder if this is a result of coaching changed or more likely I wonder what kind of restrictions OSU is operating under being that Oregon is fairly locked down right now.

It could be interesting to see if the states that are more "locked down" struggle this year.

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
  • 3 out of 4 voices in my head want to sleep
    • View Profile
Re: Oregon State looking flat.
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2021, 12:38:26 PM »
I can't imagine a wrestler holding back to avoid constant close contact.  Both teams wrestlers coaches and staff were likely tested (should have been) tested on Thursday with results back on Friday prior to travel

Offline Snackem

• Section Champ
    • View Profile
    • Jeremy Lanthorn Photography
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2021, 12:58:15 PM »
I'm not talking about the OSU guys holding back.  I am more curious what kinds of regulations and requirements may have hindered their ability to prepare.  It could also just be that OSU wasn't as ready to compete as NDSU.

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
  • 3 out of 4 voices in my head want to sleep
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2021, 03:22:13 PM »
They should have had plenty of time in the room.  The NCAA recommends breaking down the team into small groups with separate practices.  Depending on the size of the weight class, it could 125's and 133's, 141's and 149's, etc. That will prevent an entire team getting quarantined.  In season team practices and competitions require PCR or antigen testing 3 times per week and within 3 days of any competition.

The wrestlers will only be comfortable if they have confidence the team and opponent have avoided non-team close contact.

Could Pendleton be coaching them to be patient with their shots?

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2021, 05:18:59 PM »
Not as flat as they looked against Mizzou evidently.

43-0

https://www.wrestlestat.com/event/55843/missouri-oregon-state-dual/boxscore
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline buck

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2021, 10:05:16 AM »
No 285 lb.?
We are the storm.

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2021, 08:05:14 PM »
At every weight, Mizzou had the higher ranked wrestler, by quite a bit.   I'm guessing Z totally decimated the team.  Heck Rock wouldn't send his boys there and took Hans out, so that says something.  Pendleton has his work cut out for him for sure.  Hopefully he can inspire locals to get on board and wrestle and root for them.  Z had a long slog of missed opportunities and outright apathy for the program.  Glad he's gone. 

mspart