Author Topic: Penn State @ Rutgers  (Read 386 times)

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
  • 3 out of 4 voices in my head want to sleep
    • View Profile
Penn State @ Rutgers
« on: January 16, 2021, 07:10:53 AM »
1/16 dual has been postponed,

COVID within the Penn State program, paused the room is closed.  Don't know who, staff or wrestler(s). Contact tracing underway.  The program will likely be offline for 10 days

The Michigan State dual is in jeopardy.

Offline acguns

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
Re: Penn State @ Rutgers
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2021, 11:35:39 AM »
Arizona State also out for the quad at Iowa State today. No details, just reported as out for the COVID.
There are people I would take a bullet for and others that I would like to put a bullet in.

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2021, 11:09:19 PM »
Arizona State also out for the quad at Iowa State today. No details, just reported as out for the COVID.

Interesting development....Suriano who just won the Deglade in Paris has been working out at the ASU regional training center.  He left for Paris a week ago....looks he may well have scooted out just in time.

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2021, 12:45:32 PM »
Untill we start getting vaccines out there, this is going to just get worse.

A. That new strain is much more spreadable

B. Theres no other sport like wrestling to spread a contagion like this.
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2021, 05:22:55 PM »
No question about it.  I think they will go forward with the conference and national championship with whoever is not in isolation and quarantine.

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2021, 02:58:54 PM »
....and Rutgers goes out due to positive tests within the program. 7 wrestlers have qualified B1Gs, 3 only have 3 bouts.  It only has 1 dual meet remaining on the schedule, Maryland Feb 19.  RU Athletics pulled the program on Feb 3 which means diagnosis either Feb 1 or 2.  Uninfected wrestlers can participate in the dual. It will be close if any of the 3 not yet qualified must sit until Feb 18.  Either way they would be going into the Maryland dual with at best one practice since standing down.  If Maryland must stand down, Rutgers will sneak in at the minimum of 4 duals.

In case anyone is curious, Suriano will not be competing at B1Gs this season since he didn't meet the 4 dual minimum. Since this is essentially a no red shirt year (he took the Olympic waiver last year), and he hasn't participated with the team, there is a question about his getting the extra year of eligibility for 21/22.  He's on the roster, taking courses, he just won't be seen in an RU singlet this season.