Author Topic: Brady  (Read 268 times)

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
  • 3 out of 4 voices in my head want to sleep
    • View Profile
Brady
« on: January 30, 2021, 04:20:49 PM »
He signed a buckeroo of a deal with Tampa Bay.

$25,000,000 a year for 2 years - guaranteed
+ $500,000 for making the playoffs
+ $250,000 more for winning a playoff game,
+ another $500,000 for making the NFC Championship
+ another $500,000 for winning the NFC title game.

So far his post season paycheck is $1,750,000.

If Tampa Bay wins the SB, the Bucs get to drop another $500,000 into his bank account - total $2,250,000 and a 7th SB ring.

The guy is in his 21st year, and now his11th Super Bowl.

Trivia - Bellechick has 8 SB rings 6 with the Pats, 2 with the Giants.
Willie Davis, Green Bay has 7 rings, 4 SB rings and 3 NFL championship from the pre-SB era.

Offline Cougar1

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
Re: Brady
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2021, 10:51:23 PM »
Brady is the GOAT.
“Once abolish the God and the government becomes the God.”

― G.K. Chesterton

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2021, 01:00:26 PM »
I think to be fair, GQBOAT  Jim Brown walked away early and healthy.  Maybe there is a better word or phrase than Greatest.

There's no question, in Montana v Brady, even though Brady had far more superiors layers around him ....gotta go with Brady, just too many SB appearances and rings. Mahomes has a long way to go to be in the conversation.

Offline Bob H.

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2021, 11:29:46 PM »
Bucs, 31-9.  The defense played great and the offense was steady.  The Bucs also avenged four of their regular season losses in the playoffs.  KC's offense never got on track, partially because of Mahomes being gimpy and the offensive line missing two starters, but the Bucs defense played lights out.  I kept expecting KC to make a comeback, but it never happened.

The Bucs were once (often?) the laughingstock of the NFL, but they have now won the Super Bowl twice and neither game was close.

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2021, 05:16:58 PM »
Bucs, 31-9.  The defense played great and the offense was steady.  The Bucs also avenged four of their regular season losses in the playoffs.  KC's offense never got on track, partially because of Mahomes being gimpy and the offensive line missing two starters, but the Bucs defense played lights out.  I kept expecting KC to make a comeback, but it never happened.

The Bucs were once (often?) the laughingstock of the NFL, but they have now won the Super Bowl twice and neither game was close.

Yeah, and most of those starters were drafted while Schiano was there.  ::)

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2021, 05:25:33 PM »
And most were 7 when Brady won his first Super Bowl.   A whole generation here.

mspart

Offline a guest

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2021, 09:47:43 PM »
I think to be fair, GQBOAT  Jim Brown walked away early and healthy.  Maybe there is a better word or phrase than Greatest.

There's no question, in Montana v Brady, even though Brady had far more superiors layers around him ....gotta go with Brady, just too many SB appearances and rings. Mahomes has a long way to go to be in the conversation.

Wasn't Brown also one of the GOAT lacrosse players too?

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2021, 07:20:00 AM »

Wasn't Brown also one of the GOAT lacrosse players too?

Yes he was.  The sport wasn't near as popular back then, not many colleges played competitively.  Even rarer was a black lacrosse player.

Offline Cougar1

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2021, 11:44:26 AM »

You missed the best part Bob. Brady coming in from the parking lot, playing the whole game and doing the after game with NO mask!! I loved it!!
“Once abolish the God and the government becomes the God.”

― G.K. Chesterton