Author Topic: B1G Pre-seeds  (Read 4395 times)

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
  • 3 out of 4 voices in my head want to sleep
    • View Profile
Re: B1G Pre-seeds
« Reply #45 on: March 09, 2021, 03:18:41 PM »

Offline n9531l

• LXP
  • Get a Job
  • Hate nothin' but hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 09, 2021, 03:24:45 PM »
I guess you didnt hear....
OSU was deducted a team point for his use of foul language during or following his consolation bout loss.

No, I didn't hear about that. It makes me feel less sorry for him.

On a positive note, we can both be happy about the way it turned out. You can be happy the Sooners got a conference wrestling title for the first time since 2002. I can be happy the Pokes got a conference wrestling title for the ninth consecutive time, breaking the record they set in 1929.
Orthography is next to cleanliness, which is next to godliness. - n9531l

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 09, 2021, 03:46:26 PM »
Linky was on the OSU website

https://okstate.com/documents/2021/3/7//2021_Big_12_Brackets_Final.pdf?id=25962

Thanks.   Yep, the 'Pokes under performed greatly.   Half their crew did not wrestle to seed.  Gfeller taking 8th helped them out tremendously as he was unseeded.   Any one of these guys had done better, Pokes would have won.  It seems like the Pokes always underperform.  Well not always, but it happens often enough.  Fix cruised through the bracket and didn't do so in the finals, I'm guessing due to arrogance. 

#3 Trevor Mastrogiovanni  got 5th
#6 Sheets two and out
#1 Travis Wittlake took 3rd
#3 Dustin Plott took 4th
#5 Austin Harris two and out

mspart

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 09, 2021, 10:01:28 PM »
I guess you didnt hear....
OSU was deducted a team point for his use of foul language during or following his consolation bout loss.

No, I didn't hear about that. It makes me feel less sorry for him.

On a positive note, we can both be happy about the way it turned out. You can be happy the Sooners got a conference wrestling title for the first time since 2002. I can be happy the Pokes got a conference wrestling title for the ninth consecutive time, breaking the record they set in 1929.

To be honest I’m conflicted. Winning a co-championship with a team most realistically figured to be 5th or 6th at best is a legitimate accomplishment.  This is the first time that they have performed well in the Rosselli reign. I’d like to be optimistic about our chances at the NCAA, but I don’t see more than 2 or 3 placers (if that). I hope they prove me wrong again. The bottom line is that I don’t think Rosselli is a good fit here and one good tournament isn’t enough to change my mind.
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline buck

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 10, 2021, 08:58:25 AM »
Well you're a trumpster so Lou shouldn't feel too bad.
We are the storm.

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 10, 2021, 10:14:40 AM »
Well you're a trumpster so Lou shouldn't feel too bad.

Nothing about this is correct. But whatever.
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline buck

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 10, 2021, 10:22:50 AM »
Just seeing if you're awake, ;)
We are the storm.