Author Topic: Div I Championships on the Tube  (Read 5524 times)

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
  • 3 out of 4 voices in my head want to sleep
    • View Profile
Re: Div I Championships on the Tube
« Reply #60 on: March 21, 2021, 03:46:18 PM »

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 21, 2021, 09:50:12 PM »
I missed the finals. Too bad. I REALLY wanted to see ferraris dad again. What was he doing and wearing? Somebody please let me know.

You missed 4 PSU guys wrestling Oklahoma State style to win individual titles, support for Stanford wrestling, Ferrari bleeding again, Gable being way better than anybody else, and Spencer Lee revealing in the post match interview that he tore his ACL in the 2nd period vs. Mueller in the 2019 finals, and then dominated two seasons of NCAA wrestling and Sr. Nationals with a torn ACL. Then he tore his other ACL a couple weeks ago and claimed that he can now barely wrestle, but still outscored his opponents 58-8 on his way to another national title, and then saying he didn't say anything until now because "excuses are for wusses" and he didn't want to use it as an excuse if he happened to lose. Pretty stale wrestling overall though. Not really a single match I'd call exciting.

Lee v Eireman wasn’t exciting?
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 21, 2021, 10:00:00 PM »
Eireman gassed in the third and deflated in OT.  It was one of the worst bouts I've seen him wrestle.  Lee took him totally out of his game.  By the way did you notice a bit the Retherford style in Lee.

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 21, 2021, 10:06:44 PM »
Eireman gassed in the third and deflated in OT.  It was one of the worst bouts I've seen him wrestle.  Lee took him totally out of his game.  By the way did you notice a bit the Retherford style in Lee.

It looked to me like Penn St at has Iowa intimidated. Eireman & Kemerer looked mentally and physically exhausted at the end of those matches. I KNOW Iowa is not out of shape. So it had to be mental.

I assume Eireman will be back but will Kemerer? I hope so.
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 21, 2021, 11:11:47 PM »
What are the odds the entire Iowa roster is back. I can't imagine Marinelli and Eireman not coming back.

How about Fix.  2 shots in the finals and 2 OT losses  Was Fix intimidated also?  He didn't wrestle half the match he had against Surianno.  He's another that just pooped out at the end.  Frozen on his knees as RBY scooted around and grabbed an ankle.

Offline Gage

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 21, 2021, 11:14:48 PM »
What are the odds the entire Iowa roster is back. I can't imagine Marinelli and Eireman not coming back.

How about Fix.  2 shots in the finals and 2 OT losses  Was Fix intimidated also?  He didn't wrestle half the match he had against Surianno.  He's another that just pooped out at the end.  Frozen on his knees as RBY scooted around and grabbed an ankle.

Eierman & Marinelli both announced via twitter they are coming back. My question is, does Kemerer come back for what seems like his 10th year?
One's best success comes after their greatest disappointments.

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 22, 2021, 12:28:16 PM »
10th year's a charm!!

mspart

Offline buck

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 22, 2021, 01:00:35 PM »
Eireman is fun to watch but unemployable with all those tats unless he works in an Amazon warehouse stocking shelves or out on the loading dock.
We are the storm.

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 22, 2021, 01:52:19 PM »
Patrick McKee of MN took the longest path to 3rd.  He won his very first match, lost the next, and then won everything all the way to third. 

Another of note is at 149 where Seed 26 took 3rd,  I'd say he wrestled above his seed and then some.  He made it to the quarters where he lost to Sasso, but then went on and took 3rd.  Huge effort there.

I have not done an analysis of who wrestle above and below their seed, but I think PSU probably did the best in that department with 3 champs.

mspart

Offline LILHOWDOG

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 22, 2021, 01:57:35 PM »
4 champs

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 22, 2021, 02:14:50 PM »
Surprising result for me. 

Iowa - 2 Even to seed, 3 above seed, 5 below seed.

PSU - 2 even to seed, 6 above seed, 1 below seed

OKST - 2 even to seed, 5 above seed, 1 below seed

So Tom Brands, even though the team trophy is his, is not happy with his team's performance I'm guessing.  Cael on the other hand is probably pretty happy with his team, and John Smith I would say would be pretty happy also.

mspart

Offline buck

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 22, 2021, 02:20:28 PM »
How can everyone have the best coaches and support systems?
We are the storm.

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 22, 2021, 02:23:43 PM »
PMA - Positive Mental Attitude.

It's all the rage.

mspart

Offline buck

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 22, 2021, 02:34:23 PM »
I need some of that.
We are the storm.

Offline n9531l

• LXP
  • Get a Job
  • Hate nothin' but hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 22, 2021, 02:43:45 PM »
OKST - 2 even to seed, 5 above seed, 1 below seed

I only worked it out for OKST, and I had them with 1 below (133), 1 even (149), and 7 above (their other 7 weights).  Maybe we used different definitions. Which weight did you have even besides 149, and at which one of their weights did you not have a seeding result?
Orthography is next to cleanliness, which is next to godliness. - n9531l