Author Topic: Div I Championships on the Tube  (Read 9546 times)

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
Re: Div I Championships on the Tube
« Reply #90 on: March 23, 2021, 05:20:44 PM »

Yeah, I like Track also.  I use that to keep up on what is going on if i have time to do so.  Haven't paid for Flo yet. 

mspart

....and I never will.

I understand some people's resentments against Flo. And I also understand not wanting to give one thin $0.10 to someone who I think has screwed me some way or is dishonest in general. (Tyson Foods). But their content is just outstanding and frankly has been a huge boon to amateur wrestling in general. I guess what Im really asking here is... Is your anger against Flo greater than your desire to watch the sport you love on a fairly regular basis?
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
  • 3 out of 4 voices in my head want to sleep
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 23, 2021, 06:49:08 PM »
You have a point.  My angst with Flo is toward Florini, who is no longer there.

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 23, 2021, 07:26:20 PM »
My issue is that I don't have time to just sit and watch.  Every once in a while I like to catch a WC or NCAA or OLY, but can't justify any more than that.   If I could, then I'd probably have flo.

mspart

Offline Cruocified

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 23, 2021, 08:29:43 PM »
Surprising result for me. 

Iowa - 2 Even to seed, 3 above seed, 5 below seed.

PSU - 2 even to seed, 6 above seed, 1 below seed

OKST - 2 even to seed, 5 above seed, 1 below seed

So Tom Brands, even though the team trophy is his, is not happy with his team's performance I'm guessing.  Cael on the other hand is probably pretty happy with his team, and John Smith I would say would be pretty happy also.

mspart

I'd say that is a testament to how good of a team Tom built. Having a #1 seed go down early to injury and barely score any points, and then 4 other guys not wrestle to seed, all while the #2 team does about as good as they possibly could do, and still win by over 15. I think Tom's got to be feeling pretty darn good about a repeat next year. Even if Lee redshirts to nurse the injury, Marinelli + Ayala would probably score equally if not more than Marinelli + Lee did this year. Plus, we have to hope Assad's knee is repaired for next season and he can score more than the couple points Brands brought home.
I am the way, the truth, and the life.