Author Topic: OTT rosters should be set  (Read 4871 times)

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
Re: OTT rosters should be set
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2021, 07:33:20 PM »
Gable recently beat Gwiz 4-1 in December. IIRC, the only two previous meetings were at the ‘19 WTT @ Final X. Gwiz won both 4-4 on criteria. Gable was only 18 then. He’s much bigger and stronger now. He’ll blitz the 125kg field, including Gwiz at the trials. Call me crazy, but I am most confident in Gable winning 125kg than anyone else at the other weights. I see @RYou also expects Gable to blow through Gwiz this go around.

I'm sorry I did not see your post.  I was unaware of this beating.  If Gwiz won both by 4-4 in 2019, and got thumped in Dec 4-1, I may have to refigure my prediction.  Thanks for the info.

mspart

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2021, 07:35:22 PM »
I like Fix... and Im pullling for him. I just have a hunch he's not mentally where he needs to be for this. I sincerely hope he proves me wrong.

I think this is correct.  He didn't pull through for the NCAA's.  That might have rattled him.  He needs to do a Gable and get ultra determined.  Hopefully J. Smith is prepping him so he can perform at his highest ability.  I still think Gilman will be too much for him. 

mspart

Offline goStanford18

• Redshirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2021, 07:44:00 PM »
With the news of Suriano not competing, I’m going to switch my 57kg pick to Vitali.

Vitali
Yianni
Dake
Taylor
Snyder
Steveson

Lots of Cornell wrestlers.

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2021, 05:59:14 PM »
57 Suriano v Colon... I take Suriano but there are 6 guys here who could win this weight
65 Zane v Yianni.... Im taking Yianni but this is really too close to call. These two are clearly the best in weight but JO has the best chance of the also rans.
74 Burroughs v Dake... Dake. If JB had to wade through that tournament Im not sure he'd reach the finals. With Imar out, Nolf has the best shot at unseating Dake.
86 Taylor vs Zahid... Taylor but it will be very very close.and so will Bo vs Zahid. This is the 2nd deepest weight with Dean, Bo & A Brooks the most dangerous challangers
97 Snyder v Cox... Cox in a very low scoring series. This is a two man race but I'll predict Moore as my solid 3rd
125  Gwiz v Gable... Gable and it wont be all that close either. T his is another 2 man race with Parris 3rd

Well Im gonna have to revise that 57 projection. Its being reported that Suriano is out with COVID. So... My new prediction is Colon over Set Gross

I failed to redo my bracket. But Colon beat Gross in the Qtrs. So Im going with Vito over Colon
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2021, 06:19:35 PM »
Might need to redo your 97 brackets too.   Cox is out.

mspart