Author Topic: Kelly Leaving ND for LSU  (Read 629 times)

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
  • 3 out of 4 voices in my head want to sleep
    • View Profile
Kelly Leaving ND for LSU
« on: November 30, 2021, 07:22:04 AM »
Yup, Brian Kelly will be leaving Notre Dame to coach at LSU.  It will probably be announced today after he meets with the UND players and staff. Notre Dame faculty and South Bend residents have extreme liberal influence in a largely Republican state.  Kelly and family are devout Catholics.

Baton Rouge isn't the greatest of places to live and work, but neither is South Bend.

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
Re: Kelly Leaving ND for LSU
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2021, 07:46:26 AM »
Contract is reported to $10 Mil for10 years, eclipsing Saban's annual $8.8 mil.

Joe Franklin just extended with Penn State, $75 mil over 10 years.

It tops Michigan State's rewrite for Mel Tucker, $95 mil over 10 years, and Dabo Swinney's $9.3 mill a year.

Watch for more rewrites as some coaches have contracts that tie pay to head coach pay ranking.

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2021, 11:55:14 AM »
Maybe I should go into coaching.  I'd have assistants that do all the recruiting and coaching.  I'll just manage them. 

mspart

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile

Offline Bob H.

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2021, 12:32:01 AM »

It tops Michigan State's rewrite for Mel Tucker, $95 mil over 10 years, and Dabo Swinney's $9.3 mill a year.

Watch for more rewrites as some coaches have contracts that tie pay to head coach pay ranking.

College football has always been big business, but it has gotten crazy recently.  UF is constructing an $85 million football only training facility in order to compete with Alabama and Georgia (gotta impress those recruits).  Just think how may wrestling programs could be funded with the scraps from the football tables.

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2021, 03:07:16 PM »

College football has always been big business, but it has gotten crazy recently.  UF is constructing an $85 million football only training facility in order to compete with Alabama and Georgia (gotta impress those recruits).  Just think how may wrestling programs could be funded with the scraps from the football tables.

This ^

mspart