Author Topic: Northern IA 19 OK St. 15  (Read 2943 times)

Offline ctc

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
Re: Northern IA 19 OK St. 15
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2022, 10:29:21 PM »
Well, I had been to Wisconsin once on business and thought Milwaukee was a decrepit, run down rust belt city.  Different strokes for different folks  (and no, I haven't been to Madison).

I agree that MIlwaukee isn't great. I had to quit a job once because I refused to move to the Milwaukee area. I've been to much worse armpits in the south though. People are generally stupid, liars, and immoral too. Spineless. Nice to your face but stab you in the back as soon as you turn around.

I was in the army for 3 years and served time with plenty of southern redneck hillbillies. Generally tried to stay away from them as much as possible and always kept an eye on my personal property if they came near my living quarters.
Every time you open your mouth and talk about different people, you come off as a total bass.  I have found that people in the south tend to be a lot like country folks up in Iowa.  Friendly, kind, thoughtful, just plain old regular folks.  I haven't decided yet what city has the worst people.  It is either San Fran or Mad City.  Really cold, heartless, stuck up people.  I am NOT making this up.  My wife is from Wisconsin and I like Wisconsin folks not in Mad City.
"We can state with conviction, therefore, that a man's support for absolute government is in direct proportion to the contempt he feels for his country" - Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline red viking

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2022, 09:03:54 PM »
Rural folks are mostly trash. First of all,, idiots. Secondly, nce to your face and them stab u in the back. Third, their bigots. Fourth, they lie about everything. Working in the environmental field, we realized that you can NEVER trust anything a,farmer tells you.
"Of all the tyrannies that affect mankind, tyranny in religion is the worst." Thomas Paine

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2022, 11:54:15 AM »
RV, you are the bigot. 

mspart

Offline red viking

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2022, 09:59:00 PM »
Lol. Yah, I'm bigoted against my own race. Sure.
"Of all the tyrannies that affect mankind, tyranny in religion is the worst." Thomas Paine

Offline Bob H.

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2022, 12:37:15 AM »
I'm not sure that you consider southerners to be of your own race.

Offline red viking

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2022, 09:46:58 AM »
I'm not sure that you consider southerners to be of your own race.

Most rural rednecks are white. I have nothing against the white race, since I'm white myself.

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2022, 12:10:22 PM »
As a supporter of the working class, you sure disparage them a lot. 

mspart

Offline red viking

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2022, 12:59:27 PM »
As a supporter of the working class, you sure disparage them a lot. 

mspart

Good point. The fat cat CEOs are the much bigger problem.

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2022, 03:10:56 PM »
But they are the ones giving money to your people. 

mspart

Offline red viking

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2022, 04:49:36 PM »

mspart

Lol. Only if forced to. They get more money than they give.

Offline Bob H.

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2022, 07:27:42 PM »
That's called "profit".

Offline red viking

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2022, 07:31:03 PM »
That's called "profit".

Profit off of the poor.

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2022, 02:54:07 PM »

mspart

Lol. Only if forced to. They get more money than they give.

LOL, Only if forced to.  That's a laugh. Bloomberg, Steyer, and Soros have to be strong armed to give for sure. 

mspart

Offline red viking

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2022, 06:19:06 PM »
All those fat cat CEOs will pay their workers $1 per hour if they can get away w it.

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2022, 06:57:45 PM »
Yes, Bloomberg, Steyer, and Soros would love to pay their employees $1 an hour.  That is not a R or D thing.  It is an economic thing.  And they would grub.   Why do they pour so much money into D campaigns?  Because the D's will ensure they make more money.  Period.  Low wage worker is not in the equation. 

You would want to pay $/hour for the kid that mows your lawn, or the lady that packs fish at the grocery store for you if you could get away with it.  It would make everything cheaper for you in the short run.  As a consumer, you would hope everyone was paid $1/hour.  Make stuff cheaper, but everything is relative.  Everyone would be paid $1 an hour.  Now is a cashier worth as much as a Dr?  In your world yes.  So then what is the incentive for the Dr to go to years of school to become a Dr?  There is none.  Quality of life goes down for everyone as no one becomes a doctor.  Anyone who has employees wants $1/hour wage.  But competition would come up so they would have to lower their prices because others could easily undercut.  So they would not be making that much more money for very long.   It would end and everyone would be poorer relative to now.  The reason wages are up is that mostly workers are more productive.  They make more product in an hour than they did a few years ago.  They can be paid  more and not trouble the bottom line.    Jumble of thoughts there but all are true.

mspart