Author Topic: Real Woods in the transfer portal  (Read 1565 times)

Online ctc

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
"We can state with conviction, therefore, that a man's support for absolute government is in direct proportion to the contempt he feels for his country" - Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline BroncoSaurus

• DII
    • View Profile
Re: Real Woods in the transfer portal
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2022, 09:55:59 AM »
Agreed...........it is literally nothing but legalized corruption. It is also a reflection of the times we are living in today.   

The very elite athletes (in any sport) are going to sign with whoever offers them the most beneficial (to them) deal that they can get for themselves.
Never argue with a fool.  They bring you down to their level, then beat you with experience.  -Anonymous

Offline BroncoSaurus

• DII
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2022, 01:33:56 PM »
Back to the actual topic of this thread it seems WHERE Real Woods is going has been decided:

https://twitter.com/MrPatMineo/status/1509917310622044160
Never argue with a fool.  They bring you down to their level, then beat you with experience.  -Anonymous

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2022, 02:30:49 PM »
Those guys get all the breaks!!

mspart

Offline BroncoSaurus

• DII
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2022, 05:47:19 PM »
Stanford losing Real Woods is going to be a big loss for the Cardinal.  And the only guy that they currently have on their roster who can replace him is Luciano Arroyo.  Also Arroyo didn't compete at all this last season and has a career record of 3-10 vs Division I opponents.  I would think Stanford had better start looking for a transfer for 141 lbs.

Looks like their best options in the transfer portal are Sam Hillegas of VT and Dom Demas of Oklahoma (if he can get back down to 141 lbs)

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2022, 06:05:29 PM »
Maybe Real is getting out while the getting's good!

mspart

Offline BroncoSaurus

• DII
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2022, 10:52:22 AM »

mspart

I'm not "getting" what you are saying here.  A little play on words there.  What is it you are inferring here?

Other possibilities for Stanford at 141 lbs for next season include Jason Miranda - who competed most of last season at 133 lbs but did win one match at 141 vs. Connor Ward of Little Rock.    And there is also incoming freshman Chayse LaJoie who competed last December at 149 lbs.

Offline BroncoSaurus

• DII
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2022, 10:54:17 AM »
LaJoie won the 2021 UWW Junior Greco-Roman World Team Trials at 63 kg (138 lbs)

Offline red viking

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2022, 05:44:51 PM »
Huge step up in competition for him next year.
"Of all the tyrannies that affect mankind, tyranny in religion is the worst." Thomas Paine

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2022, 01:32:20 PM »

mspart

I'm not "getting" what you are saying here.  A little play on words there.  What is it you are inferring here?

Other possibilities for Stanford at 141 lbs for next season include Jason Miranda - who competed most of last season at 133 lbs but did win one match at 141 vs. Connor Ward of Little Rock.    And there is also incoming freshman Chayse LaJoie who competed last December at 149 lbs.

Not knowing anything, I was positing that perhaps Real sees something going on at Stanford that is not good and he's getting out.   Or maybe he has aspirations that he has not been able to get to with the coaching there and is going PSU to get better coaching .

mspart

mspart

Online RYou

• Get a Job
  • 3 out of 4 voices in my head want to sleep
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2022, 10:43:01 PM »

mspart

Not knowing anything, I was positing that perhaps Real sees something going on at Stanford that is not good and he's getting out.   Or maybe he has aspirations that he has not been able to get to with the coaching there and is going PSU to get better coaching .

mspart

mspart

Rob Koll, the former coach at Cornell is now at Stanford.  I can't imagine its a coaching issue.  He even brought in Vincenzo Joseph (2x at Penn State) as assistant - same weight class as Woods.

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2022, 11:56:09 AM »
No, that sounds like it should be working.  It was just a stab in the dark.   With a Koll hire, it looks like Stanford is trying to keep wrestling alive there.

mspart