Author Topic: Penn State's wrestler possibly headed to Arizona State?  (Read 569 times)

Offline BroncoSaurus

• DII
    • View Profile
Penn State's wrestler possibly headed to Arizona State?
« on: April 21, 2022, 05:02:52 PM »
[img][https://twitter.com/MrPatMineo/status/1517217620067594242/photo/1/img]
Never argue with a fool.  They bring you down to their level, then beat you with experience.  -Anonymous

Offline BroncoSaurus

• DII
    • View Profile
Re: Penn State's wrestler possibly headed to Arizona State?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2022, 05:05:34 PM »
Let's try this again since trying to include the url link to this didn't work the first time:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FQ49YkoXIAA222Z?format=jpg&name=small
Never argue with a fool.  They bring you down to their level, then beat you with experience.  -Anonymous

Offline BroncoSaurus

• DII
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2022, 05:12:47 PM »
Since ONLY the photo came thru this time that is Penn State's Michael Beard and he has officially entered the transfer portal.  Early word is he is considering Arizona State and Drexel.  As a Pac 12 guy I'd love to see him choose ASU.

But if he does opt for Arizona State what that would mean for Kordell Norfleet and his final year of eligibility?  Beard - apparently - has 3 years of eligibility remaining and lost in the Penn State wrestle-offs last season to 2022 NCAA champion Max Dean by a score of 9-8.

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
  • 3 out of 4 voices in my head want to sleep
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2022, 04:54:40 AM »
Obviously, he thinks he can be a 3x AA

Offline BroncoSaurus

• DII
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2022, 02:25:01 PM »
Yeah, I'd say that's probably accurate.  I'd also say that maybe he was told that Dean would be a one and done deal and he's be the starter in 2023 - who knows.  I sure don't.

BUT  I think it's interesting to see that the "word" is his two top options appear to be Arizona State and Drexel.   That makes me want to project what the Arizona State lineup might be for 2023 IF he does in fact go to Arizona State.  That would mean the ASU lineup would PROBABLY be the following:

125 lbs - Brandon Courtney - RS Senior - Three time ALL-American - 2021 NCAA runner-up - 2022 NCAA All-American (6th place)

133 lbs - Michael McGee - RS Senior - Two time ALL-American 2022 NCAA 4th place

141 lbs - Jesse Vasquez - RS Sophomore

149 lbs - Kyle Parco - RS Sophomore - Two time ALL-American - 2022 NCAA 8th place (6th in 2021)

157 lbs - Jacori Teemer - RS Junior - Three time ALL-American - 2022 NCAA 6th place

165 lbs - Kordell Norfleet - RS Freshman

174 lbs - Cael Valencia - RS Freshman

184 lbs - Kordell Norfleet - RS Senior - 4 time PAC 12 champion (Assuming he moves back down to 184 lbs if Beard transfers to ASU)

197 lbs - Michael Beard - RS Junior (?) - 2021 NCAA ALL-American 7th place at 197 lbs

285 lbs - Cohlton Schultz - RS Sophomore - 2022 NCAA Runner-up at 285 lbs - Two time NCAA ALL-American

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2022, 07:17:26 PM »
Looks kind of like the arm wrestler Matt Mask.

mspart

Offline BroncoSaurus

• DII
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2022, 02:03:57 PM »
So much for the "word" which said Beard was likely to transfer to Arizona State or Drexel

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FR7qaQ0WQAc2cSQ?format=jpg&name=small

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2022, 02:30:15 PM »
Wanted to stay on the east coast I guess.

mspart