Author Topic: Another Penn State wrestler entered the transfer portal  (Read 513 times)

Offline BroncoSaurus

• DII
    • View Profile
Another Penn State wrestler entered the transfer portal
« on: May 05, 2022, 07:02:28 AM »
157 lb Tony Negron

I thought the deadline to enter the transfer portal was May 1st ?  So how is it he just this week entered the transfer portal?  Wouldn't he have to have done so no later than May 1st, i.e., last Sunday?
Never argue with a fool.  They bring you down to their level, then beat you with experience.  -Anonymous

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
  • 3 out of 4 voices in my head want to sleep
    • View Profile
Re: Another Penn State wrestler entered the transfer portal
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2022, 06:32:46 AM »
Meh, went 1-5 in duals.  He didn't accomplish anything at NC State either. PSU has RS Matt Lee and incoming freshman Haines at 157.  Negron isn't likely to see any mat time in 22/23.  The clues for him were there.  Maybe it'll work out for him at ASU

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2022, 11:31:48 AM »
It's gotta be tough being in the room with all the PSU studs.  There's a kid from our HS that was at ASU.  He did ok until Zahid came to town.  Then he was not doing so well.  He's graduated and moved on.   He was good friends with Zahid, so it wasn't like there was bad blood.  Just a recognition of extreme talent. 

mspart

Offline BroncoSaurus

• DII
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2022, 06:00:38 PM »
Meh, went 1-5 in duals.  He didn't accomplish anything at NC State either. PSU has RS Matt Lee and incoming freshman Haines at 157.  Negron isn't likely to see any mat time in 22/23.  The clues for him were there.  Maybe it'll work out for him at ASU

I don't know why you mentioned ASU as a possibility for Negron - as ASU has Jacori Teemer at 157 lbs and Kyle Parco at 149 lbs.   The only weight class where he might fit in at ASU would be 165 lbs.
Never argue with a fool.  They bring you down to their level, then beat you with experience.  -Anonymous

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
  • 3 out of 4 voices in my head want to sleep
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2022, 07:50:31 PM »
well, it seems most of transfer mentions would be good for ASU.  Maybe not.

Offline BroncoSaurus

• DII
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2022, 10:49:44 AM »
Well, if he happens to end up at ASU that might work out IF he competes at 165 lbs - as he did at the end of last sea   son.   If you create a mock dual between ASU and PSU on the WrestleStat website and put Negron vs Kendall Norfleet at 165 lbs Negron is the projected winner of that matchup by a score of 10-5.

Negron did go 5-0 at 165 lbs last February at the Edinboro Open but the highest ranked guy he beat there was ranked # 87 at 165 lbs by WrestleStat.