Author Topic: PAC 12 imports five and exports only one  (Read 749 times)

Offline BroncoSaurus

• DII
    • View Profile
PAC 12 imports five and exports only one
« on: July 03, 2022, 12:59:24 PM »
The five PAC 12 imports (transfers from non-PAC 12 schools to PAC 12 schools) are as follows:

ARIZONA STATE - Tony Negron (a Senior with 2 yrs of eligibility) formerly at Penn State transferred to ASU to compete for them at 165 lbs  AND Antony Montalvo (a RS Junior) formerly of Oklahoma State transferred to ASU to compete for them at 184 lbs

CAL POLY - Dominic Demas formerly of Oklahoma (a 6th year Senior) transferred to Cal Poly S.L.O. to compete for them at 149 lbs

CAL STATE BAKERSFIELD - Jaden Engiquez (a 6th year Senior) transferred from Michigan State to compete for CSUB at 149 lbs

OREGON STATE - Tristan Lara (a 6th year Senior) transferred to Oregon State to compete for them at 149 lbs

Three of these five transfers to the PAC 12 will have only their final NCAA season of eligibility (unless they are injured & can't compete) and three of these five transfers to the PAC 12 will be competing at 149 lbs

The only PAC 12 wrestler I can recall who transferred outside of the PAC 12 was Real Woods of Stanford who transferred to Iowa.
Never argue with a fool.  They bring you down to their level, then beat you with experience.  -Anonymous

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
  • 3 out of 4 voices in my head want to sleep
    • View Profile
Re: PAC 12 imports five and exports only one
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2022, 07:27:27 AM »
PAC 12 may be seeing much larger exports (Stanford) in the near future as the conference shrinks.

Offline BroncoSaurus

• DII
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2022, 07:49:48 AM »
Words like "May" or "Might" or "Maybe" mean very little to me.   I don't know what the future will hold - just like everyone else.   Nostradamus I am not.  Best to focus on what IS rather than what MIGHT be.

Never argue with a fool.  They bring you down to their level, then beat you with experience.  -Anonymous

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2022, 06:36:46 AM »
PAC 12 potentials for further B1G expansion through membership in the AAU

Stanford
U Oregon
U Utah
U Cal Berkeley
U Washington

B1G could keep expanded divisions

B1G East

Illinois
Indiana
Maryland
Michigan
Michigan State
Northwestern
Penn State
Ohio State
Purdue
Rutgers
Wisconsin

B1G West

Iowa
Minnesota
Nebraska
(Notre Dame for shits and giggles, let's add Notre Dame to the West to balance out a 22 school conference)
Oregon
Stanford
UC Berkeley
UCLA
USC
Utah
Washington

Offline BroncoSaurus

• DII
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2022, 02:10:03 PM »
Remaining PAC 12 expected to stay together after UCLA and USC depart according to this article that was posted 3 hours ago.

https://utah.rivals.com/news/sources-remaining-pac-12-schools-expected-to-announce-sticking-together

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2022, 07:01:44 PM »
I never really liked either.   Trojans were ok when I was much younger but I don't care about either now.   But this is a real blow.   

mspart

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2022, 07:16:19 PM »
They will try to expand the conference but won’t draw any school that up their tv revenue.

Best guess, it merges and becomes Big 12 west division.

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2022, 04:41:56 PM »
Are you saying this is the end of the PAC -12 which was PAC -10, which was PAC - 8?

mspart

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2022, 09:44:14 PM »
Too much brand identity to lose.  I'll hazard a guess that it would be the Big 12 division vs the PAC 12 Division, under some off the wall new conference name.

Offline BroncoSaurus

• DII
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2022, 07:47:31 AM »
Well good luck with those guesses.

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2022, 07:56:10 AM »
Big 12

BYU
UCF
Houston
Cincinnati
Kansas
Kansas State
Baylor
Iowa State
Oklahoma State

Texas Christian
Texas Tech
West Virginia

Big 12 Wrestling Affiliates
Missouri   
South Dakota State   
Northern Iowa   
North Dakota State   
Northern Colorado   
Wyoming   
Air Force   
Utah Valley

PAC 12 holdovers
Arizona State
Arizona
Oregon State
Oregon
Stanford
Washington State
Washington
Cal-Berkeley
Utah

Wrestling Affiliates
Cal Poly
CSU Bakersfield
U Arkansas Little Rock

Since SEC doesn't have a wrestling conference, will Big 12 allow Oklahoma to remain ?  Or do they force a move to the MAC or PAC 12 ?

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2022, 01:17:11 PM »
BYU is going Big 12?   I thought they went independent a few years back.   Is that not working for them?  I haven't heard anything about this. 

mspart

Offline BroncoSaurus

• DII
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2022, 02:13:12 PM »
You should read the news every once in a while.  B.Y.U. was one of the 4 teams that will be added to the Big 12.  This will take place as soon as next year.   The other three schools were taken from the A.A.C. and they are Cincinnati, U.C.F. and Houston.

Yes B.Y.Who has been an independent since about 10 years ago - primarily because they were ticked off that Utah was accepted into the PAC 10/12 and they were not and because Boise State was being added to the Mtn. West Conference.  The Mtn West was where B.Y.Who was prior to going independent.

As B.Y.U. found out going independent in football and basketball is a nightmare when it comes to scheduling (unless you are Notre Dame.   There is also the fact that their non-revenue sports were all forced to play in the lowly West Coast Conference (sort of the west coast version of the Big Sky conference) and something called the Mountain Pacific Sports Federation (I live in the Mountain West and I've never heard of that) or go independent.

Offline BroncoSaurus

• DII
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2022, 02:18:40 PM »
I have to correct myself a little big.  B.Y.Who's basketball teams (men's and women's) play in the West Coast Conference and are not Independent.  The only major B.Y.Who sport that is independent is football.

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2022, 04:01:23 PM »
Yeah, I probably should read more.   But interesting to hear from you. 

mspart