Author Topic:  (Read 2983 times)

Offline drmuscle

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« on: November 18, 2008, 07:39:55 PM »
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by drmuscle »
From professing themselves to be wise they became fools.

Offline SnotRocket

• LXP
  • National Champ
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2008, 08:14:35 PM »
C. Scott looked gassed, Slaton let him get too far ahead.  Man does Scott have a great low single, that first one was SLICK
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by SnotRocket »
My girlfriend and I went to a dinner party the other night and we ended up playing charades. There was another couple there that was deaf. They were so good.

Offline drmuscle

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2008, 08:21:35 PM »
What did you think about the escapes he was giving? I thought they were all given to early. Smith was right to be real angry.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by drmuscle »
From professing themselves to be wise they became fools.

Offline SnotRocket

• LXP
  • National Champ
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2008, 09:36:39 PM »
The escapes were close, as were some of the starts for both wrestlers.  Smith was definitely right to be angry about the last minute of the 3rd period, Slaton was frustrated and showed it when he treetopped Scott into the Iowa cheerleading section.  I can't wait to see the pictures of Smith pointing and yelling at Brands across the mat, does anybody know what was said?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by SnotRocket »
My girlfriend and I went to a dinner party the other night and we ended up playing charades. There was another couple there that was deaf. They were so good.

Offline Jointdoc55

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
  • Loyalty, integrity & strength through brotherhood
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2008, 10:53:39 AM »
I just came across this thread.  What year was this? I'm guessing 2 years ago. In the 3rd period, with the score 7-2, Slaton took Scott down. Then it looked like Slaton was trying to bait Scott into thinking that he was letting him up, but then didn't. They went out of bounds, and then the score board read 7-5. Was Scott called for fleeing the mat?  If so, that's a bogus call. Also, how did the final magically become 8-6?  What a conundrum wrapped in a riddle!

No matter. Coleman Scott got the last laugh with a pin in :49 in the NCAA finals.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Jointdoc55 »