Author Topic: Would SOMEONE kindly explain this to me.  (Read 1561 times)

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
Would SOMEONE kindly explain this to me.
« on: June 23, 2009, 12:22:23 PM »
Several OU coaches may get raises

By Associated Press
Published: 6/23/2009  2:24 AM
Last Modified: 6/23/2009  5:10 AM

ARDMORE — Most of the University of Oklahoma's high-profile coaches and OU athletic director Joe Castiglione could receive raises this week.

OU regents are meeting for their annual retreat in Ardmore and will vote on potential raises on Wednesday.

Coaches listed on the meeting agenda for potential raises include football's Bob Stoops, men's basketball's Jeff Capel, women's basketball's Sherri Coale, baseball's Sunny Golloway, softball's Patty Gasso, men's gymnastics' Mark Williams and wrestling's Jack Spates.

Head coaches in rowing, women's gymnastics, women's tennis, women's soccer, volleyball and track and field, as well as football and basketball assistant coaches, also are listed.

Castiglione also will receive his annual review, which could include a raise.
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline nywrestler4life

• LXP
  • World Champ
    • View Profile
Re: Would SOMEONE kindly explain this to me.
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2009, 12:29:38 PM »
Never said performance based raises I guess.

Offline The Du

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theopenmat.com
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2009, 12:42:41 PM »
same reason he's still on board probably; tight with the admin...?
...talking to myself cause im the only one worth consulting...

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2009, 12:51:23 PM »
He's got pictures on Boren.
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline Kingk0ng

• World Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2009, 08:48:03 PM »
Its that bogus Coach of the Year that he was given because of the great tournament he put on in OKC. The award should have gone to John Smith but because of some stupid rule the gave it to Spates. Doesn't look good to fire a coach 4 years removed from such an honor......unfortunately.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. (Dr. Seuss)

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2009, 10:52:10 AM »
Quote from: "Kingk0ng"
Its that bogus Coach of the Year that he was given because of the great tournament he put on in OKC. The award should have gone to John Smith but because of some stupid rule the gave it to Spates. Doesn't look good to fire a coach 4 years removed from such an honor......unfortunately.

There arent but a tiny handful in the entire wrestling community that would fault his dismissal.