Poll

Who would you rather sign as a quarterback today

Brett Favre
5 (38.5%)
Michael Vick
8 (61.5%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: August 18, 2009, 11:20:33 AM

Author Topic: Favre or Vick  (Read 4683 times)

Offline royboy

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
  • you gotta be tough if your gonna be stupid
    • View Profile
Re: Favre or Vick
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2009, 11:38:39 PM »
let me make this clear. I hated Michael Vick way before hating him was cool. lol.

He is a ball hog. That is it. I bet he could be a pretty good quarterback if he actually ever cared about learning how to play the position...but he didn't ever really do anything but be a ball hog.

Cue the scene from semipro when Downtown Funky Stuff Malone gets  verbally belittled b/c he has tons of talent and that is it...Now replace him with Mike Vick.

I think he'd do good at running back or reciever or in some crazy wildcat formation. But as a coach I would put the ball hog on defense. That way if he gets the ball he actually deserves it for doing his job. Instead he gets the ball and decides he wants the glory every play. Seriously go back and watch some of his losses. The guy was a degenerate ballhog that went to jail for two years. Now he is out and is gonna be around long enough for people to forgive the dumb crap he did and pay off his debt...

as for picking between him and Favre Id have to go with him b/c I am sick and gnikcuf tired of hearing that dinosaurs name.
"Really? Well please tell your father-in-law that he is a freaking idiot."

Offline Jimmy the Gent

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2009, 01:55:07 AM »
if by ball hog you mean a qb that can also run for over 1000 yards in a season then, yes, he was a ball hog, a ball hog that the coaches loved and opposing defenses hated.

a qb that had multiple pro bowls in 5 years, an NFC title game, and a 60% win percentage as a qb in the nfl.

nice call.  ball hogs suck, just ask michael jordon.

nice fail douchebag.
"Jimmy, I understand your point and technically your logic is sound."  --Viratas

Offline royboy

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2009, 12:46:44 PM »
Yea 1000 yards rushing as a quarterback. who is he playing for army?

One thing you won't see on his resume is a superbowl ring. he'll never have one unless hes on the bench.

Offline Jimmy the Gent

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2009, 01:10:53 PM »
Quote from: "royboy"
Yea 1000 yards rushing as a quarterback. who is he playing for army?

One thing you won't see on his resume is a superbowl ring. he'll never have one unless hes on the bench.

lol.  so what are you suggesting?  That if a QB doesn't have a superbowl ring on his resume he isn't good?

What an idiot.  nice logic.
"Jimmy, I understand your point and technically your logic is sound."  --Viratas

Offline royboy

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2009, 11:14:22 PM »
not my thoughts at all. Prior to everyone hating him it seemed like people predicting him to change the way we play football for good. By having a superstar ball hog run a retarded broken offense. He could get his team so far but in the playoffs they would fall against good defenses. b/c as good as he was he wasn't really a good qb.

Offline Indiana Wrestler

• LXP
  • National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2009, 04:29:21 AM »
Vick, but only to instill a goal-line offense with him as QB or RB/Wing. As a QB he'd be familiar w/ handing off, reading D. He'd b able to roll out with a triple option/wildcat formation. However, if I needed a QB for a single season while my rookie QB develops, I would chose Farve. Vick is a play-maker, not a franchise. Favre will help you win early in the year when he's healthy, and let your rookie learn from one of the greatest QB playmakers all time

Offline Jimmy the Gent

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2009, 02:40:41 PM »
Quote from: "royboy"

He could get his team so far but in the playoffs they would fall against good defenses. b/c as good as he was he wasn't really a good qb.

Huh?  so what you are saying is that unless a QB makes it to the Superbowl he is not a good quarterback?

Again, nice stupid logic there.

Do I have to remind you that Vick led his team to the NFC Championship game?