Author Topic: All NCAA league #1 Draft  (Read 70668 times)

Offline AKIN

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
Re: All NCAA league #1 Draft
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2009, 05:57:34 PM »
Lost you are up
Imagine the good that could be done, if people were less worried about their differences, and more worried about doing good for everyone.

Offline brycemus

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2009, 06:02:49 PM »
Quote from: "LoSt"
Bryce a clarification, in this league you are drafting the wrestler not the weight.  So if someone else drafts Bradley and Bradley ends up winning the spot your are SOL.

I'll let you repick if you want, although you can't pick anyone that has been taken since your pick (this is also the policy we will be following if someone finds out that a wrestler they picked is redshirting or injured)

I'm going to go ahead and be ok with Ellis ... I've been SOL before ... wouldn't be the first time
Corey Clark: 2016-2017 Hawkeye Hammer

Offline AKIN

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2009, 06:03:58 PM »
Ok, I am out for school. Be back in a couple of hours. Lost sent me his pick:

Mack Lewnes Cornell 174
Imagine the good that could be done, if people were less worried about their differences, and more worried about doing good for everyone.

Offline AKIN

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2009, 06:04:34 PM »
BryanB is on the clock

Offline LoSt

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2009, 06:21:21 PM »
Akin text me so I have your number

Offline LoSt

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2009, 09:41:17 PM »
BryanB has been notified.

I'll give him until early afternoon tomorrow and then we'll move on without him

Drooke

« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2009, 09:52:31 PM »
After Bryan makes his pick are we going to initiate a time limit for picks during daytime hours (2-3hrs perhaps).  What say you Overlord of Fantasy Wrestling?

Offline LoSt

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2009, 10:15:43 PM »
The problem with that is that we really didnt have this organized far enough in advance.  I feel like that might be unfair, as some people like Bryan might not even know we have started yet, and Akin doesn't have everyones contact info yet.

For example DU might be busy in Pennsylvania tomorrow for two hours after his pick gets up.  Should we really skip him just because he had something else going on that conflicted with his draft timing?  Or what about me?  I'm on my computer all the time, but there are periods during the day where I might in class for a 2-3 hour stretch with no cell phone reception.I think I'll take it on a case by case basis and skip people if I feel like it is needed to move the draft along.

Its especially going to blow for Bryan if he gets skipped because he will be giving up TWO picks.  I think I'll give him until about 12 PM tomorrow and then I'll assign him two guys and we'll move on.  If whoever is #12 wants to send me/Akin their two picks tonight so that we are ready to roll right away tomorrow that would be dandy.

Offline LoSt

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2009, 10:20:20 PM »
Another thing too is that since we have not put any money in and there is no prize beyond bragging rights for winning I feel a lot more free to make arbritrary decisions.  If everyone had chipped in $20 I would probably think twice about passing on people and I would try to make sure we had a consistent rules framework in place.  But because no one has money involved I think its fair and most expeditious for me to decide things on a case by case basis

Drooke

« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2009, 10:25:31 PM »
Actually I didn't want to leave Bryan out during this first round (re-read my post).   I just though that it might move things along after Bryan makes his pick and we are all on the same page.  It was just a suggestion especially since Boise State is wrestling on the 31st.

Offline nywrestler4life

• LXP
  • World Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2009, 10:43:32 PM »
I pm'ed my picks to akin just in case Bryan comes on in the middle of the night and makes his picks.

Offline LoSt

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2009, 10:51:39 PM »
Quote from: "Drooke"
Actually I didn't want to leave Bryan out during this first round (re-read my post).   I just though that it might move things along after Bryan makes his pick and we are all on the same page.  It was just a suggestion especially since Boise State is wrestling on the 31st.

Its a valid suggestion, and something that I would consider under different circumstances.  But I think it makes the most sense to just wing it at this point.

I will let people post lineups before the draft is finished if necessary.  But once we are past the 31st it will no longer count, so make sure you draft any Boise guys before the 31st if you want that match to count

Drooke

« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2009, 11:08:15 PM »
That is cool my man, and I will indeed draft a Boise wrestler ...if I get an opportunity... just playin' jefe. :wink:

Offline Rockhard

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theowf.net
« Reply #43 on: October 27, 2009, 10:49:04 AM »
You should probably PM your phone # to whoever is in charge of the draft. I'm in and out of my room a lot so this helps to keep things going.
"Really? Well please tell your father-in-law that he is a freaking idiot."

Offline AKIN

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 27, 2009, 10:53:55 AM »
Ok guys, I don't mind sending a text every now and then to remind you that it is your pick, but I am not going to send notice every time it's your pick. If you don't have the time to pay attention to what is going on, then you probably don't need to be involved with the league. I understand that everyone has things going on during the day, but you still need to be checking back here every couple of hours or so, at least. If not, this draft will never get done.