Author Topic: Iowa vs OK State (My predictions if held today)  (Read 7797 times)

Offline OkieSpladle

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
Re: Iowa vs OK State (My predictions if held today)
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2009, 02:50:32 PM »
Quote from: "fulsaasfan"
I would expect Marion to be the man at 141 when this dual takes place and he will beat Parks. Also, Ereksen should be back which will help. Rosholt will probably win since Dan won't be back to 100% yet but it should be a regular decision. 133, 157, and 197 will all be very close and hard to call I think. Now for the upset special according to what you guys are picking. McDonough seems to be doing great with his weight and will win by decision against Notte. He is going to make a splash this year gentlemen...

It is my opinion that there isn't a single 125 in the country that Notte can't beat (I'd put him behind TNick, Escobedo and Robles right now just based on my own guess).  We'll get to see where he is on Friday when he matches up with Robles, but if he is as good as I think he is and McDonough is as good as you think he is this could be a NCAA Quarterfinal type match.

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2009, 02:58:23 PM »
Quote from: "OkieSpladle"
Quote from: "fulsaasfan"
I would expect Marion to be the man at 141 when this dual takes place and he will beat Parks. Also, Ereksen should be back which will help. Rosholt will probably win since Dan won't be back to 100% yet but it should be a regular decision. 133, 157, and 197 will all be very close and hard to call I think. Now for the upset special according to what you guys are picking. McDonough seems to be doing great with his weight and will win by decision against Notte. He is going to make a splash this year gentlemen...

It is my opinion that there isn't a single 125 in the country that Notte can't beat (I'd put him behind TNick, Escobedo and Robles right now just based on my own guess).  We'll get to see where he is on Friday when he matches up with Robles, but if he is as good as I think he is and McDonough is as good as you think he is this could be a NCAA Quarterfinal type match.

In my opinion Notte looked physical enough to match up with Robles.
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline brycemus

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2009, 03:39:49 PM »
Notte is going to be a horse at 125...I fully expect him to be able to beat McDonough.  I do NOT however believe that he majors him.  I don't see McDonough getting majored by anyone this year expect possibly Sanders (because of how strong Zach is on his feet).  McDonough is a long and deceptively strong wrestler at 125, he is over 5'6".  His length will let him cling and keep scores low...hence no majors.
Corey Clark: 2016-2017 Hawkeye Hammer

Offline Julio

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2009, 04:57:04 PM »
Wt....OSU...v....Iowa.......- Winner by score.. Team Score
125: Notte vs McDonough - Notte by Dec.... 3-0
133: Oliver vs Dennis - Oliver 3-2 .................6-0
141: Parks vs LeClere - LeClere 5-2 ..................6-3
149: White vs Metcalf - Metcalf Tech ...............6-8
157: Erisman vs Janssen - Erisman 5-4 ...........9-8
165: Meade vs Morningstar - Morningstar 3-0...9-11
174: Benefiel vs Borschel - Borschel 7-2..........9-14
184: Foster vs Keddy - Keddy 6-5 .................9-17
197: Gelogaev vs Beatty - Gelogaev 8-2..........12-17
285: Rosholt vs Johnson - Rosholt 7-2.............15-17

IOWA wins a close one...
"The government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."

"How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist"

Ron Reagan

Offline Hammerlock3

• OW
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2009, 05:56:27 PM »
I am all over this garbage if you are still interested

Quote from: "The Du"
sig bet on Oliver/Dennis?

i get Oliver.

i guarantee a win over a Dennis
'Shut up,' he Explained.

Offline Hammerlock3

• OW
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2009, 06:07:20 PM »
125 Mcdonough dec Notte
133 Dennis dec Oliver (i'm tempted to say major but realized I'd be doing it just to piss people off) 6-0
141 Whoever dec Parks 9-0
149 Metcalf fall white (I'm sorry but wrestling metcalf in Iowa City is the worst thing to be asked to do in wrestling, accept like...being dave schultz dummy at a leg riding clinic or something) 15-0
157 Erisman dec Whoever 15-3
165 Morningstar dec Meade 18-3
174 Borschel dec Benefiel 21-3
184 Keddy dec Foster 24-3
197 The guy who is better than Gatsolov by a lot wins a dec (I want to pick against this guy too, but my picks seems biased already and I know it won't be this much of a blowout)
285 Rosholt dec WHoever (Though anyone who saw the third place match last year knows Erekson can beat him, but a match that deep in a tournament isn't quite reality so I will pick rosholt) 24-9
'Shut up,' he Explained.

Offline The Du

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theopenmat.com
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2009, 06:10:31 PM »
Hammer, who said Gelogaev was better than Gatsalov?
...talking to myself cause im the only one worth consulting...

Offline Hammerlock3

• OW
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2009, 06:20:54 PM »
People on the other forum were taking the time to actually dismiss the possibility. I'm not sure if anyone said it to be honest I've just always had it in for the element of these forums that jumps at the chance to say positioning and few times, name drop some russians and then smuggly bash USA wrestling. But really i didn't mean it as an affront to anyone, i encourage you to be dismissive of anything i say thats obviously sarcastic.

are we gonna do this sigbet or not, I'm tempted to ask for odds sense you have laid out a guarantee.

Quote from: "The Du"
Hammer, who said Gelogaev was better than Gatsalov?
'Shut up,' he Explained.

Offline The Du

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2009, 06:38:48 PM »
not sure i really follow that. i took it as sarcasm, but not real sure what "People on the other forum were taking the time to actually dismiss the possibility." means.

i mean, Gatsolov is the Russian national team member. i don't think its a given that Gelegaev is better than him, lol.

anyway, sig bet, two weeks, whatever you want.

Offline Hammerlock3

• OW
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2009, 06:43:53 PM »
I went and looked it up just so I wouldn't look quite as crazy, i got on late last night and read, tripster saying, "Gatsolov is better though," (i didn't bother to read whatever comments prefaced this remark because i was so confounded that they were being discussed at all) and immediatly remembered why i hate that forum.

two weeks is fine, hopefully we'll both remember
'Shut up,' he Explained.

Offline The Du

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2009, 06:52:16 PM »
oh, i getcha now. yeah. that is ridiculous. for someone to even make that jump to compare the two is amazing.

Offline Hammerlock3

• OW
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2009, 06:58:11 PM »
good, and i guess I apologize too, i shouldn't put together poorly worded posts attacking quasi-existent figures for vague attitudes that annoy me, but its in my nature i guess.
'Shut up,' he Explained.

Offline Hammerlock3

• OW
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2009, 07:09:36 PM »
and back to the subject at hand, I don't think Oliver is gonna be able to handfight at 1/4 speed dennis does. They way their styles work (from what I can tell of oliver only having watched about a dozen of his matches), I think its within dennis' capability to make Oliver wrestle his match, and the inverse proposition seems much less likely to me. Plus I think dennis is better...which helps.
'Shut up,' he Explained.

Offline The Du

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2009, 07:54:57 PM »
well, of course jordan doesn't have many (if any) official college matches under his belt so it's a bit tough to gauge. and im certainly not one to believe hype. but i think jordan is there, ready to wrestle with just about anyone in the country.

i don't think he'll have any trouble whatsoever with style, he's much too experienced for that. and he stays busy so if any style would frustrate him i would think it would be a guy like Gomez.

you stay busy with Jordan, he's just gonna win situations against you: his ability is superior.

anyway, this is all just speculation. i guess we'll see.

Offline AKIN

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2009, 08:02:10 PM »
Oliver and Ashmore should wrestle this weekend. It should be an interesting matchup.
Imagine the good that could be done, if people were less worried about their differences, and more worried about doing good for everyone.