Author Topic: Iowa vs OK State (My predictions if held today)  (Read 7799 times)

Offline OkieSpladle

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
Re: Iowa vs OK State (My predictions if held today)
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2009, 08:08:15 PM »
I just want to point out that 2 years ago when Oklahoma State beat Iowa in Iowa City, Metcalf beat Quinten Fuentes 20-8.  Metcalf may be better now, but White is a HUGE improvement over Fuentes.  A fall or tech isn't out of the question, but I just don't see White getting beat worse than 20-8.

Offline Hammerlock3

• OW
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2009, 10:09:04 PM »
A fall or tech isn't out of the question, but I just don't see White getting beat worse than 20-8.

?????????????????? He might et teched but he won't get beat by more than 12?
'Shut up,' he Explained.

Offline OkieSpladle

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2009, 10:48:59 PM »
Quote from: "Hammerlock3"
A fall or tech isn't out of the question, but I just don't see White getting beat worse than 20-8.

?????????????????? He might et teched but he won't get beat by more than 12?

Its not out of the question, I just don't think it will happen.

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2009, 10:54:01 PM »
There is a LOT better chance White wont get teched or pinned than Oliver gets majored!
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline Hammerlock3

• OW
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2009, 11:03:26 PM »
i know silly britches thats why i explained that the pick would be inflammatory and farcical.
'Shut up,' he Explained.

Drooke

« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2009, 11:27:22 PM »
I went and looked it up just so I wouldn't look quite as crazy, i got on late last night and read, tripster saying, "Gatsolov is better though," (i didn't bother to read whatever comments prefaced this remark because i was so confounded that they were being discussed at all) and immediatly remembered why i hate that forum.

Lol, Tripster has been on a roll lately over there.

Offline The Du

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theopenmat.com
« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2009, 12:11:22 AM »
Quote from: "ViseGrip"
There is a LOT better chance White wont get teched or pinned than Oliver gets majored!

so you think Oliver getting majored by Dennis is more likely than White getting pinned or teched by Metcalf?

thats interesting. i think i've seen metcalf pin or tech (or come darn near to it) more proven wrestlers than white.

and dennis isn't exactly an offensive juggernaut.

i just don't see it. im of the opinion that dennis might be the one getting majored. i know jordan and i know he's looking at the scores graff's putting up and saying 1) i can do that and 2) im not gonna be outdone.

but hey, maybe thats my Easton Red Rover bias talking. we'll see.
...talking to myself cause im the only one worth consulting...

Offline Hammerlock3

• OW
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2009, 12:30:57 AM »
I don't think what Visegrip said was implying that. Dennis is not getting majored. As I have made clear already I don't think oliver will either, he probably has like a 4% chance and dennis has like a 7%. That is exact by the way.

BTW i think Dennis' rep for not putting offence together is BS. Its the result of him chasing Notte around gallager iba last year and pokefans trying to spin it like he was stalling because he didn't shoot at a guy who had his track shoes on. Its similar to when people were trying to compare Biden's mistakes to palin, kind of a lets fight fire with fire mentality without reference to reality.
'Shut up,' he Explained.

Offline The Du

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2009, 01:34:37 AM »
ok, well, im all for letting freshman prove it before you crown them the next gable. message boards (themat) are really great for hyping a kid past all sense of realistic success. however, jordan was never majored in his life and i don't think dennis will be the man to do it. im not completely biased. if it was say, ness, or humphries(if still at 133) i'd say it may be a possibility. but not guys dennis or anyone like him. heck, i'd say hochstrasser has a better shot at jordan.

Offline OkieSpladle

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2009, 11:05:23 AM »
I don't think what Visegrip said was implying that. Dennis is not getting majored. As I have made clear already I don't think oliver will either, he probably has like a 4% chance and dennis has like a 7%. That is exact by the way.

BTW i think Dennis' rep for not putting offence together is BS. Its the result of him chasing Notte around gallager iba last year and pokefans trying to spin it like he was stalling because he didn't shoot at a guy who had his track shoes on. Its similar to when people were trying to compare Biden's mistakes to palin, kind of a lets fight fire with fire mentality without reference to reality.

I'm not going to argue about either NotteDennis match other than to say there is no chance Dennis was stalling, only a question of whether Notte was or not.

Dennis rep shouldn't be for not generating offense, he puts plenty of points on the board, it should be for wrestling close matches.  After his opening round major decision in the Big 10s, his next 8 matches, up until the default win in the 7th place match, were decided by 4 points or less.  He was facing stiff competition, but for an AA, that is surprising.  The rest of his results bear out similar things, the guy just doesn't win big very often.

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2009, 11:19:16 AM »
Quote from: "The Du"
Quote from: "ViseGrip"

so you think Oliver getting majored by Dennis is more likely than White getting pinned or teched by Metcalf?

thats interesting. i think i've seen metcalf pin or tech (or come darn near to it) more proven wrestlers than white.

and dennis isn't exactly an offensive juggernaut.

i just don't see it. im of the opinion that dennis might be the one getting majored. i know jordan and i know he's looking at the scores graff's putting up and saying 1) i can do that and 2) im not gonna be outdone.

but hey, maybe thats my Easton Red Rover bias talking. we'll see.

NO! I think Oliver getting majored is FAR less likely. I think that match is going to be a one or two point win either way. I just picked Dennis for his experience. As you know, I think Oliver is going to be a 3X champ. As you can see I also predicted a fall for Metcalf.
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline The Du

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2009, 12:17:40 PM »
yeah, sensei. i didn't think thats what you were saying.

Offline SaltyLineup

• Junior High
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 24, 2009, 11:32:26 AM »
Wt....OSU...v....Iowa.......- Winner  ...................Team Score
125: Notte vs McDonough - McDonough by Dec.....3-0
133: Oliver vs Dennis - Dennis by Dec..................6-0
141: Parks vs LeClere - Parks 8-6 .......................6-3
149: White vs Metcalf - Metcalf Fall ...................12-3
157: Erisman vs Ballweg - Erisman by Dec.............12-6
165: Meade vs Morningstar - Morningstar by Dec...15-6
174: Benefiel vs Borschel - Borschel by Dec..........18-6
184: Foster vs Keddy - Keddy by Dec .................21-6
197: Gelogaev vs Beatty - Beatty by Dec  .......... 24-6
285: Rosholt vs Johnson - Rosholt by Dec ............24-9

If Slaton is in there, which I think he will be by the dual.  Slaton wins by dec.  Making it 27-6
« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 11:56:25 AM by SaltyLineup »

Offline Hammerlock3

• OW
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 24, 2009, 11:47:07 AM »
Quote from: "OkieSpladle"

I'm not going to argue about either NotteDennis match other than to say there is no chance Dennis was stalling, only a question of whether Notte was or not.

Dennis rep shouldn't be for not generating offense, he puts plenty of points on the board, it should be for wrestling close matches.  After his opening round major decision in the Big 10s, his next 8 matches, up until the default win in the 7th place match, were decided by 4 points or less.  He was facing stiff competition, but for an AA, that is surprising.  The rest of his results bear out similar things, the guy just doesn't win big very often.

Thats a good post about dennis. the only thing i'd add is that he wrestles close matches because he makes so many aggressive mistakes.
'Shut up,' he Explained.

Offline SaltyLineup

• Junior High
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2009, 01:03:30 PM »
Quote from: "SaltyLineup"
Wt....OSU...v....Iowa.......- Winner  ...................Team Score
125: Notte vs McDonough - McDonough by Dec.....3-0
133: Oliver vs Dennis - Dennis by Dec..................6-0
141: Parks vs LeClere - Parks 8-6 .......................6-3
149: White vs Metcalf - Metcalf Fall ...................12-3
157: Erisman vs Ballweg - Erisman by Dec.............12-6
165: Meade vs Morningstar - Morningstar by Dec...15-6
174: Benefiel vs Borschel - Borschel by Dec..........18-6
184: Foster vs Keddy - Keddy by Dec .................21-6
197: Gelogaev vs Beatty - Beatty by Dec  .......... 24-6
285: Rosholt vs Johnson - Rosholt by Dec ............24-9

If Slaton is in there, which I think he will be by the dual.  Slaton wins by dec.  Making it 27-6

Think this is looking about right.