yes
12 (48%)
no
11 (44%)
undecided
2 (8%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Voting closed: December 17, 2009, 05:52:15 PM

Author Topic: Homosexuality  (Read 7353 times)

crablegs

Homosexuality
« on: December 17, 2009, 05:52:15 PM »
?

Offline Jimmy the Gent

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
Re: Homosexuality
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2009, 08:21:53 PM »
"Jimmy, I understand your point and technically your logic is sound."  --Viratas

Offline coachsparky

• Get a Job
  • Tolerate everthing but Intolerance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2009, 09:12:21 PM »
I cannot believe how ignorant some people are as to think people would choose to belong to an ostracized, discriminated against group.  It is really laughable that people are that braindead.
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark;  the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.

Bigotry disguised as religious liberty is still BIGOTRY

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2009, 09:43:48 PM »
Are pedophiles born that way sparkles? Or do you believe that "would choose to belong to an ostracized, discriminated against group? It is really laughable that people are that braindead."
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Drooke

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2009, 09:48:44 PM »
What an easy question.  They clearly don't have a choice because they are obviously demon-possessed.  Silly guys...

Offline Jimmy the Gent

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2009, 09:09:55 AM »
Quote from: "ViseGrip"
Are pedophiles born that way sparkles? Or do you believe that "would choose to belong to an ostracized, discriminated against group? It is really laughable that people are that braindead."

PWND?
"Jimmy, I understand your point and technically your logic is sound."  --Viratas

Offline ctc

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2009, 09:05:14 AM »
Are mass murderers that way by choice or are they born that way?  Are cleptomanicaics that way by choice or are they born that way?  Are child molesters that way by choice or are they born that way?  Shall we excuse everything and make it acceptable by tagging it as hereditary?
"We can state with conviction, therefore, that a man's support for absolute government is in direct proportion to the contempt he feels for his country" - Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline buck

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2009, 06:32:37 PM »
Nature vs. nurture right?  I would suggest that child molesters, and mass murderers are the product of abuse or neglect.  I'm not excusing the behavior, just saying those people are made into monsters, not born that way.  Homosexuality is not a choice, you're either born that way or not.
We are the storm.

Offline coachsparky

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2010, 10:06:52 AM »

You are showing you absolute prejudice and ignorance there again Vag/Tight_a$$.  Comparing homosexuality, which is between consenting adults to pedophilia.  That is usually what whacked out right wing homophobes usually do.  You completely lose any credibility you may have had (not that you had much if any) when you pull that card. :roll:
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark;  the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.

Offline coachsparky

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2010, 10:10:12 AM »
Quote from: "Jimmy the Gent"

PWND?

How can you call that PWND Jimmy, when it is the typical right wing whacked out homophobic response to any issue of homosexual rights.  To try to compare homosexuality, which is clearly not a choice and is between consenting adults to pedophilia which is a crime against defenseless children is completely asinine and you make yourself look as stupid as they do whan you make a post saying pwnd.  I did not know you were that ignorant or does that ? after it imply you are not so sure? :roll:
« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 10:13:15 AM by coachsparky »

Offline coachsparky

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2010, 10:11:15 AM »
Quote from: "buck"
Nature vs. nurture right?  I would suggest that child molesters, and mass murderers are the product of abuse or neglect.  I'm not excusing the behavior, just saying those people are made into monsters, not born that way.  Homosexuality is not a choice, you're either born that way or not.

buck, who I do not agree with often, is 100 % spot on here.

Offline The Du

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theopenmat.com
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2010, 11:18:16 PM »
Quote from: "ctc"
Are mass murderers that way by choice or are they born that way?  Are cleptomanicaics that way by choice or are they born that way?  Are child molesters that way by choice or are they born that way?  Shall we excuse everything and make it acceptable by tagging it as hereditary?

the thing is, in all those cases, there is a victim.

who is negatively affected by someone being gay? let it be. it doesn't affect me or you so who cares?
...talking to myself cause im the only one worth consulting...

Offline ctc

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2010, 09:33:09 AM »
Quote from: "The Du"

who is negatively affected by someone being gay? let it be. it doesn't affect me or you so who cares?
Actually the 2 guy individuals are both victims,  They suffer tremendous damage mentally, physically,and emotionally.  It is a horrible and destructive thing to do to one's self.

You and I and all of society are the victims here.  We pay up the kazoo for this destructive practice.
"We can state with conviction, therefore, that a man's support for absolute government is in direct proportion to the contempt he feels for his country" - Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline coachsparky

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2010, 10:16:33 AM »

Actually the 2 guy individuals are both victims,  They suffer tremendous damage mentally, physically,and emotionally.  It is a horrible and destructive thing to do to one's self.

You and I and all of society are the victims here.  We pay up the kazoo for this destructive practice.

What a laugh, the crazy texas coach cannot make an intelligent argument so he makes up nonsense with no backup.  First off, two consenting adults are doing no damage to themselves.  Secondly I am not, nor is society a victim in any way.  We pay in no way.  More nonsense in any way.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 03:32:56 PM by coachsparky »

Offline LoSt

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2010, 02:58:56 PM »

it boggles my mind that people are stupid enough to say things like this.