Author Topic: Why do other wrestlers hate Metcalf?  (Read 9137 times)

Cruo

Why do other wrestlers hate Metcalf?
« on: January 24, 2010, 02:41:29 PM »
Last weekend Fuentes bit him at the end of the match, and today Bertucci gets DQ'd for kneeing him in the face a couple times cutting his eye open.

Offline Rockhard

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theowf.net
Re: Why do other wrestlers hate Metcalf?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2010, 02:58:02 PM »
Because nearly everytime he speaks, he's an A-Hole.
"Really? Well please tell your father-in-law that he is a freaking idiot."

Offline Kingk0ng

• World Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2010, 03:02:24 PM »
Course his shoves while out of bounds are totally innocent.........

Wish I coulda seen the knees.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. (Dr. Seuss)

Cruo

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2010, 03:07:28 PM »
If you don't want to get shoved at the edge, then don't wrestle the edge.  I suppose getting shoved at the edge is equal to biting and kneeing a guy in the face on purpose when you are about to get stuck.

Offline Kingk0ng

• World Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2010, 03:15:22 PM »
you related to willyman?
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. (Dr. Seuss)

Cruo

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2010, 03:18:02 PM »
No, he'd never admit that getting shoved at the edge is equally as bad as biting a guy or kneeing a guy in the face.  He isn't blinded enough by hate against Iowa or Metcalf.

Offline Viratas

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
    • http://theopenmat.com
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2010, 06:38:28 PM »
He is intense. Also he liked to take his shoves etc... Not knocking the guy, but his style my guess agitates people
Aequitas - Veritas (is Latin)
Cóir - Fírinne
Justice - Truth

"When it’s over, I’ll look up and see what remains. If there are any bridges, I’ll cross them when I get there."

Offline Julio

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2010, 06:46:27 PM »
Quote from: "Viratas"
He is intense. Also he liked to take his shoves etc... Not knocking the guy, but his style my guess agitates people

Exactly.  I've seen him do it on plenty of occasions and its not cool or appropriate to anyone except the hardcore Iowa fans.  Obviously what he does is not equate to biting or kneeing in the face but I am not surprised in the least that people are finally starting to give it back to Metcalf even if it is in an inappropriate way.  A kid who clearly did not have the skills to compete with Metcalf on the mat was doing his best and every-time Metcalf and him would go out of bounds the whistle would blow and then after Metcalf would shove him as hard as he could into the mat/audience divider.  A few times the kid went straight onto the hardwood and the ref said nothing about it.  Afterward Brands turned his back on another wrestle who ran up to shake his hand.  Metcalf and Brands are amazing competitors but it is easy to see how people could want to give Metcalf a taste of his own medicine after witnessing last years NCAA finals and other behavior.  I'm not condoning biting or kneeing at all and think they both deserved to be DQ'd, it just didn't surprise me that it happens as a response to certain actions many wrestlers take offense to.
"The government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."

"How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist"

Ron Reagan

Offline Kingk0ng

• World Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2010, 08:50:04 PM »
[video:367ptnhb]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puFkZg-Qzik[/video:367ptnhb] before it gets deleted at themat

Metcalf didn't deserve that but I hate that crap of pushing the head down when cutting the guy.

Cruo

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2010, 09:28:55 PM »
He makes sure the guy isn't going to get a cheap take down when he lets him go, and he wants to be in control of the situation immediately to try and take the guy down right away.  You wouldn't believe how often people sit there and refuse to get up when Metcalf does cut them, causing him to actually have to throw his arms up to let the ref know that this kid has to get his ass up.  I think if he controls the head he can just shove back into them and work on a pin if they don't get up.

Interesting video, hopefully we see one of better quality though.  Metcalf looked a little pissed at the end.  I can't wait to see them wrestle again  :lol:

Ironside said he wanted to go beat the kids ass himself.  Not in those exact words, but the same intent.

Offline Rockhard

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2010, 09:44:37 PM »
First off, whoever took the video definately doesn't have a future in the biz anytime soon. Second, why is it when Metcalf cheap shots people its automatically excuseable but yet when someone does it back, everyone is all pissed? Seems to me Metcalf has it coming to him sometimes. Grow a pair of nuts and deal with it, is what he should do, along with his coaches. They are always preaching intensity, well here you go.

Cruo

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2010, 10:00:07 PM »
Quote from: "Rockhard"
First off, whoever took the video definately doesn't have a future in the biz anytime soon. Second, why is it when Metcalf cheap shots people its automatically excuseable but yet when someone does it back, everyone is all pissed? Seems to me Metcalf has it coming to him sometimes. Grow a pair of nuts and deal with it, is what he should do, along with his coaches. They are always preaching intensity, well here you go.

Only a truly dedicated hater could turn this around on Metcalf.  Nice job, pussy.

Drooke

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2010, 10:06:07 PM »
I heard that Metcalf said after the match, "I guess he wasn't content to be pinned".

I kid...I kid

Offline Rockhard

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2010, 10:43:43 PM »
Quote from: "Cruo"
Quote from: "Rockhard"

Only a truly dedicated hater could turn this around on Metcalf.  Nice job, -----.

Not really. I just don't have Iowa blinders on like you do. Fact is, Metcalf has gotten away with a lot of cheap shots over the years and nearly every Iowa fan has totally condoned it. However, whenever the role is reversed, they are all outraged. Metcalf has finally gotten a dose of his own medicine. He needs to suck it up and take it like a man, as do the coaches and the fans.

Offline Spladlemaster

• LXP
  • World Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2010, 11:06:11 PM »
he is a typical bully. Thats why I dont like him, I do admire his intensity and work ethic though.