Author Topic: It is Official Schlatter to 157  (Read 2082 times)

Offline Viratas

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
    • http://theopenmat.com
It is Official Schlatter to 157
« on: January 28, 2010, 05:53:06 PM »
Minneapolis, Minn. – University of Minnesota head wrestling coach J Robinson announced today that three-time All-American and former National Champion Dustin Schlatter (Massillion, Ohio) will be moving weight classes from 165 to 157.

http://news.theopenmat.com/?p=7823
Aequitas - Veritas (is Latin)
Cóir - Fírinne
Justice - Truth

"When it’s over, I’ll look up and see what remains. If there are any bridges, I’ll cross them when I get there."

Offline nywrestler4life

• LXP
  • World Champ
    • View Profile
Re: It is Official Schlatter to 157
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2010, 06:03:38 PM »
Good for Minnesota, bad for one of my favorite wrestlers, JP O'Conner.

Offline brycemus

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2010, 06:04:26 PM »
wow...this puts him way into the drivers seat at the Big 10s
Corey Clark: 2016-2017 Hawkeye Hammer

Offline nywrestler4life

• LXP
  • World Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2010, 06:07:11 PM »
Bry I sent you a PM.

V, how do you think Yohn will do at 165?

Offline Viratas

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2010, 06:13:49 PM »
Hmm thus far he has done ok he is 1-1.

Don't know much about the MSU kid he lost to 10-9.

I think overall it makes there line up better but not sure.

As a tourney team it helps them IMO much more then for duals.

I think he has a better chance of making the national finals at 157 as well.

But IMO the top two guys right now at 157 should not be overlooked O'Connor and Fittery.
Cóir - Fírinne
Justice - Truth

"When it’s over, I’ll look up and see what remains. If there are any bridges, I’ll cross them when I get there."

Offline crossface cradle

• Redshirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2010, 06:14:29 PM »
That will make things interesting at 157.  Personally I am rooting for O'Conner.  Nothing against Schlatter.

Offline Viratas

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2010, 06:17:20 PM »
I am kind of pulling for fittery.

Same as you CC no offense meant towards Dustin
Cóir - Fírinne
Justice - Truth

Offline Julio

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2010, 06:32:47 PM »
Awesome! I was very excited for Dustin at 165 and thought after his WTT performance he got his freshman year spark again. I don't want to get my hopes up again so I will try and refrain from bold predictions but I can't see the Dustin who won the WTT at 163 and was strong enough for top 1 - 2 - 3 at 165 not being able to finish his shots effectively at 157.  Other people have pointed this out but this may make IOWA even more dominant with likely giving IA another national qualifier at 165.
"The government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."

"How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist"

Ron Reagan

Offline nywrestler4life

• LXP
  • World Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2010, 06:39:18 PM »
Quote from: "Julio"
Awesome! I was very excited for Dustin at 165 and thought after his WTT performance he got his freshman year spark again. I don't want to get my hopes up again so I will try and refrain from bold predictions but I can't see the Dustin who won the WTT at 163 and was strong enough for top 1 - 2 - 3 at 165 not being able to finish his shots effectively at 157.  Other people have pointed this out but this may make IOWA even more dominant with likely giving IA another national qualifier at 165.

Morningstar was already going to qualify for Nationals.  He does have a much better chance to make the finals now though.

Drooke

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2010, 07:15:34 PM »
Very big news indeed! Doesn't O'Connor have a win over Dustin?  Anyone looking for a new 165 in Fantasy?

Offline Julio

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2010, 11:10:07 PM »
Quote from: "nywrestler4life"
Quote from: "Julio"

Morningstar was already going to qualify for Nationals.  He does have a much better chance to make the finals now though.

Yeah sorry that's what I meant.  Since they weren't going to qualify at 157 likely anyway this helps Morningstar place higher at NCAA's.
"The government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."

"How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist"

Ron Reagan

Offline Old-N-Slow

• Redshirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2010, 10:36:14 AM »
Quote from: "Drooke"
Very big news indeed! Doesn't O'Connor have a win over Dustin?  Anyone looking for a new 165 in Fantasy?
I do believe JPO does have one over DS. Think the cut will hurt him any?